Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Goodbye Sky

After a year of having a photography web site and selling nothing - not even $35 dye transfer prints - I've realized it really is time to make that career move. So, I've taken down "Under the Wild Sky" and put up a new site: Gluten Free Sourdough Bread Workshops. I hope you'll check it out.

This is an exciting time for me and for gluten free baking in general. I'll be teaching a public workshop in Vancouver WA on Saturday, May 15, a private workshop in the Seattle area on Monday May 17, speaking at the Northern NJ Celiac Meetup Group Tuesday May 25 and giving a public workshop in Weehawken NJ Saturday June 5. Plus I'm developing cookbook and video projects.

In the field of GF baking, there's a new product that's worth our time: Expandex. I wrote about it in my last blog, but since have worked with it a bit more. A bread batch made last week worked beautifully with only 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum, instead of the 3 tsp's I'd normally use for the quantity I baked. The rise was better and the crust much nicer.

Thanks for following my adventures. Check the morel photo at the bottom of this page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you! You definitely know what you're doing :) The sky's the limit!