Thursday, May 5, 2011

Venture

This afternoon, as my last photography class at County College of Morris ends, my new venture fully begins.

A day's bake in my home kitchen. Yes they all are gluten-free
As many of you know, that venture is gluten-free artisan bread. I've developed techniques and flavor blends that I think will revolutionize what the celiac community eats. Now to find bakery partners to work with!

Over the past year I've met so many great people all over the US and Canada who want to help. Some of you have provided leads I'm currently following and all of you continue to provide support.

In particular I want to mention Lisa Garza of Gluten Free Foodies, who recently gave me some terrific new flours to test (and who will be publishing the sweet treats recipes I developed - please follow her blog!); and Nikki Everett of Charlotte Gluten-Free Expo, who made it possible for me to not only give out samples to 1200 people, but meet star chef Peter Reinhart.

Peter Reinhart with one of my Bold Buckwheat loaves - a bread he particularly liked
Keep those bread knives sharp, friends. Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread will soon be coming to town!

No comments: